I am a nationally recognized speaker, writer, and strategist on business engagement in social impact issues. I help businesses evaluate and mitigate risk, craft messaging, and take action on pressing - but often divisive - social issues.
I bring to bear an MBA from Oxford University and diverse career experience, including my role as the first Director of Giving at TOMS Shoes, my work as a citizen activist on the economic case for paid family leave, and my recent work in founding and growing Texas Competes, a national model of business advocacy for LGBT rights in a red state.
I also offer workplace parenting consulting, including:
- Workshops for staff, managers, and HR on the needs of new parents and of breastfeeding employees
- Toolkits to help expecting parents develop manager-friendly leave, re-entry, and lactation plans
- Consulting on workplace parental leave and lactation policies
- Social media crisis communications consulting for controversies related to breastfeeding and pregnant customers and employees
- Discounts and corporate branding offers on volume orders of Work. Pump. Repeat., the business-friendly, practical guide to managing breastfeeding and work